We aim to provide the best possible service to our patients and hope you will feel that we achieve that aim. The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and the primary health care team. The success of that partnership depends on an understanding of each other’s needs and co-operation between us.
Our Promise to you
- You will be greeted courteously
- You have a right to confidentiality
- You have the right to see your medical records subject to the limitations of the law
- You will be seen the same day if your clinical need is prioritised by a GP as urgent
- You will be referred to a consultant when your GP thinks it necessary
- You will be given the result of any test or investigation that your GP has organised on request
- Your repeat prescription will be ready for collection within 48 hours of your request
- Your suggestions and comments about the services offered will be considered sympathetically and any complaint dealt with quickly
Your obligations to us
- Treat all medical centre staff with courtesy in a professional manner
- Not ask for information about anyone other than yourself
- Tell us of any change of name or address, so that our records are accurate
- Only request an urgent appointment if appropriate. Home visits should only be requested if you are too ill to attend the medical centre and are housebound
- Cancel your appointment in advance if you are unable to attend
- Be punctual, but be prepared to wait if your own consultation is delayed by an unexpected emergency for the on-call staff
- Use the tear-off slip or online services to request your repeat prescription whenever possible.
- Attend for review, when asked, before your next prescription is due
- Limit your discussions with staff to the clinical need you have on that day and not engage staff in recreational discussions about other matters, causing them to run late
- Let us know whenever you feel we have not met our responsibility to you
- We would, of course, be pleased to hear when you feel praise is due as well
- We will not tolerate violent or abusive behaviour to any member of staff within our practice and such behaviour will result in you being removed from the practice list immediately.